Health intelligence for commissioning
The Foundation Course is free, there is no charge.
As part of this we aim to improve the understanding, analysis and application of public health intelligence to improve health in the East of England. This year we will be running courses addressing the knowledge and skills needs of analysts, researchers, health improvement information professionals and commissioners in consortia, PCTs, the SHA, local authorities and other organisations in the East of England.
There are two main aims:
- To improve understanding and interpretation of health intelligence through practical examples.
- To aid effective commissioning and needs assessment.
You will learn to:
- Learn what health intelligence is and how it can be used in commissioning.
- Define and understand your target population.
- Use data to assess need.
- Understand health inequalities.
- Interpret health profiles and other common visual representations of health information.
- Learn the principles behind using data to monitor and evaluate performance and outcomes and to set and measure targets
- Interpret funnel plots.
Who will benefit
- Anyone involved directly with the commissioning cycle.
- commissioning consortia, and third sector partners.
- local authorities
- third sector partners.
- New Public Health Analysts who have no previous knowledge of public health issues.
- Health Improvement Analysts, Managers, Facilitators.
- The wider PCT workforce who need to understand how health intelligence can inform decision making.
- PBC groups
Course dates and location
- 21st and 22nd of June 2012 - Cambridge - course full
- 8th and 9th of August 2012 - Cambridge - course full
- Please continue to register to be added to the waiting list and to be notified of future dates currently being arranged
If you are interested in hearing more about the Foundation Course please contact
||Course material (please note you need to be a registered user to download all course material)
This is a two day course - you will be expected to attend both days.
Please register here
Places are very limited therefore a place cannot be guaranteed.